[ome-users] installation problem on FC4

Josiah Johnston siah at mac.com
Wed Jul 12 15:20:14 BST 2006

I think I found your problem.  I left the relevant sections of the
installation progress below.

Some time in the past, you installed from /home/bernd/ome_cvs/OME,
and set the developer's HTML templates directory to be underneath
that cvs checkout. Since then, I believe you deleted or moved that
directory. All the installation options, including the developer's
template path, are stored in /etc/ome-install.store
This time around, you installed from /home/bernd/allOMEs/newOME/OME,
and the installer read your previous settings from the ome-
install.store file, including the now non-existent directory. When it
saw there were no templates at the given path, it tried to copy them,
and presumably failed because the higher level directories in the "/
home/bernd/ome_cvs/OME/src/html/Templates" path no longer existed.

Ilya and I are thinking about how to change the installer to reduce
the risk of something like this happening in the future. In the
meantime, type "/home/bernd/allOMEs/newOME/OME/src/html/Templates/"
when prompted for the HTML Templates directory.

-Josiah