[ome-users] Some wish-list items for OME annotation interface

Graham Klyne graham.klyne at zoo.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 3 15:42:25 BST 2005

I had a meeting this morning to hand over the current state of OME
deployment to our drosophila research team, and a few points came out
that I thought I'd pass on while they're fresh in my mind:

1. "Current dataset" default for image imports.  I'm thinking this could
apply having located displayed a dataset at the time an import images
command is executed.

2. Direct import of single image from directory listing, with option to
go straight to image annotation when the import is completed.

3. I previously mentioned an "Optivar" lens that isn't covered by the
current instrument description.  Our microscope setup also has a "Camera
reduction lens" option that is in the C-mount adapter for the video
camera, and allows the camera a wider field of view of the microscope
image, without affecting what is seen through the eyepieces.  We would
like to be able to record the magnification of this lens (current
optionhs are x1 (no reduction) and 0.5x (2x reduction).

4. I notice that newlines are stripped out in annotations entered as
values for "string" type fields in new semantic types.  I think newlines
entered in the input form should be preserved.

#g

--
Graham Klyne
Image Bioinformatics Research Group (http://www.bioimage.org/)