[ome-users] Another wish-item, and a question

Graham Klyne graham.klyne at zoo.ox.ac.uk
Wed Aug 3 16:44:44 BST 2005

The display of information about an image contains a list of module
executions, some of which are "annotations".  I believe it would be
helpful if the description of an annotation could include (a) who (which
OME user) performed the annotation, and (b) the type of annotation.
Without this, I foresee it becoming difficult to locate a particular
annotation from the list.

(Related to this, it would be helpful if there was a way to modify an
annotation, but I can also see this I can also see that this might be
counter to other goals of OME operation, such as tracability and
provenance of data.  Maybe an "edit" could be a new annotation that
takes values from an existing annotation as initial default values?)

And my question is:  what does "Merge outputs" actually do?

#g

--
Graham Klyne
Image Bioinformatics Research Group (http://www.bioimage.org/)