[ome-devel] Bundle of OMERO.web statics

William Moore (Staff) W.Moore at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Aug 4 12:40:14 BST 2017

Hi Douglas,

 Running:

$ python lib/python/omeroweb/manage.py collectstatic —noinput

shouldn’t need most of the dependencies of OMERO.web (Ice, Pillow, numpy, omero-marshal etc),
just Django and probably django-pipeline.
The OMERO.py download should have everything you need (don’t need the full server).

If you have installed any OMERO.web apps then they would also have static files to collect,
so any static-files bundle we could provide would need to be customised for your own install.

Is there a way that you can collectstatic on your main OMERO.web server and export or
rsync this to your web server?

Let us know if you can find a simpler workaround.
Providing a static files bundle is a nice idea but probably something we’d only consider doing if we knew
it would be important to a bunch of users.

Cheers,

  Will.