[ome-devel] Image/Transform on the OME schema

Mark Carroll m.t.b.carroll at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Jun 29 09:45:24 BST 2016

On 06/28/2016 08:44 PM, Damir Sudar wrote:
(snip)
> So how about expanding on the ROI Shape.Transform concept with an
> Image/Transform attribute in the form of an 4x4 AffineTransform to
> encode transformations in XYZ? This could indeed be encoded in a
> MapAnnotation but it would then be good if that were codified to avoid
> multiple different implementations.
(snip)

Sharing/agreeing how to encode this, even in map annotations in a
specific namespace, sounds like a fine piece of wisdom indeed. In the
meantime we're noting these thoughts from you both because it does seem
a good idea to come back to this idea of image transforms in a future
model schema revision. Thank you both for keeping these thoughts moving,
you're not the only to be expressing this need.

We'll need such an AffineTransform also for 3D ROIs I'd guess and those
are going to have to come down the pipeline at some point.

-- Mark