[ome-devel] Image/Transform on the OME schema

Damir Sudar dsudar at lbl.gov
Tue Jun 28 20:44:03 BST 2016

Hi Eric and Sebastien,

Thanks Eric for bringing this topic up. I believe it is quite an
important concept and with good use cases and discussion, maybe it could
again be a candidate for a future version of the model. I had a posted
on the forum over a year ago mentioning how such functionality would
help EM/LM correlative microscopy (see:
https://www.openmicroscopy.org/community/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=7756) and
I was happy to see how the OME team is already implementing this concept
for ROIs in 5.3 (see:
http://blog.openmicroscopy.org/data-model/future-plans/2016/06/20/shape-transforms/).

So how about expanding on the ROI Shape.Transform concept with an
Image/Transform attribute in the form of an 4x4 AffineTransform to
encode transformations in XYZ? This could indeed be encoded in a
MapAnnotation but it would then be good if that were codified to avoid
multiple different implementations.

Cheers,
- Damir