[ome-devel] [fiji-devel] Re: Calling Fiji DICOM functions from MATLAB

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu Jan 8 22:50:33 GMT 2015

Hi Jered,

> I tried using the bf package, and I am able to get the meta data I
> need. However, I have some questions. First, how do I suppress the
> command window output generated by the log function? I just want to
> use the function to peel off the metadata without displaying the log
> which seems to be activated by line 111 of bfopen.m. Second, is there
> any way to "trim down" the size of the nearly 16 MB jar function so
> that the software can be ported easier?

Good questions. I am CCing the ome-devel mailing list, since the OME lists
are the best place for these sorts of Bio-Formats questions.

Regarding the logging, did you try changing the "INFO" level to "WARN" or
"ERROR"?

For trimming the package, you can certainly create your own Bio-Formats
bundle without support for all 130 file formats. A tool like ProGuard [1]
could help with that, though you would need to learn a bit about how Java
packaging works.

Regards,
Curtis

[1] http://proguard.sourceforge.net/