[ome-devel] Possible bug in "split view figure"

William Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Mon Jan 12 22:30:13 GMT 2015

Hi Niko,

 Apologies for the delayed reply…

I think I have reproduced your issue, but let me just confirm the workflow.

Open the Insight image viewer, change the Z-section, return to the main Insight window (without closing the image viewer).
Then open the split-view figure and use the default "last-viewed" Z-section.
The Z-section shown in the split-view figure dialog is the new Z-section from the image viewer BUT the figure is not
created using the new Z-section.

However, IF the image viewer is closed in the workflow above, then the figure is created with the new Z-section.

I guess that there's 2 possible solutions to this.
Either to automatically save the new Z-section when you leave the image viewer (without requiring that you close the viewer)
or enable the "Save" button in the Insight image viewer when the Z-section changes.
(currently the "Save" button is only enabled when the rendering settings change, not when the Z-section changes).

 Let me know if I've got this wrong, or if you have a preference of the possible solutions.

 Many thanks,

   Will.