[ome-devel] Trouble with OMERO.Dropbox

Colin Blackburn c.blackburn at dundee.ac.uk
Sat Feb 14 12:05:05 GMT 2015

Hi Niko,

> I did a little research by myself, alas, I couldn't find much in this direction. So I'd definitely be interested in your findings - especially as I'm using inotify myself in another project.

There are some options that define how pyinotify interacts with inotify that I’m looking at. I’ll try to update you next week and point you at a branch that you can patch from if it is worth testing further.

> I'll try to find some time to figure out a reliable way to reproduce the super-high load on our OMERO when using DropBox. I did have the impression that it's worse with some file formats (e.g. the LIF from the logs) compared to others. But right now this is only a gut feeling, so please don't rely on this.

If you can find the time, then any numbers you can provide would be most welcome.

Cheers,

Colin