[ome-devel] Trouble with OMERO.Dropbox

Niko Ehrenfeuchter nikolaus.ehrenfeuchter at unibas.ch
Tue Feb 17 16:26:11 GMT 2015

Hi Colin,

On 14.02.2015 13:05, Colin Blackburn wrote:
> Hi Niko,
>
>> I did a little research by myself, alas, I couldn't find much in
>> this direction. So I'd definitely be interested in your findings -
>> especially as I'm using inotify myself in another project.
>
> There are some options that define how pyinotify interacts with
> inotify that I’m looking at. I’ll try to update you next week and
> point you at a branch that you can patch from if it is worth testing
> further.

great, thanks a lot!

>> I'll try to find some time to figure out a reliable way to
>> reproduce the super-high load on our OMERO when using DropBox. I
>> did have the impression that it's worse with some file formats
>> (e.g. the LIF from the logs) compared to others. But right now this
>> is only a gut feeling, so please don't rely on this.
>

> If you can find the time, then any numbers you can provide would be
> most welcome.

I will certainly do so, as we need to evaluate the stability /
performance of DropBox anyway - we were planning to use it as the main
tool for getting data from the microscopes directly into OMERO, but as
it stands now, this seems rather impractical.

Hard to predict when I will find the time to do this testing, though...

Cheers
~Niko