[ome-devel] OMERO REST HTTP API ?

William Moore will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Wed Feb 4 10:12:12 GMT 2015

Hi Christian,

 How are you planning to implement your REST API?
Using the existing Django web framework?

We have been discussing the development of a "complete" json OMERO API
using Django, but haven't had the time to focus on it yet (or in the near future)
since it is not a small task to "do it right".

But we would be happy to help you as much as we can to avoid
duplication of effort.
It would be particularly useful if you could make your code available (E.g. github)
so we can understand what you're working on.

You already know about the web gateway, but there is also some work in this
direction in https://github.com/openmicroscopy/openmicroscopy/blob/develop/components/tools/OmeroWeb/omeroweb/webclient/tree.py
where we are using queryService projections. This is faster for getting data from the DB into json data since it avoids creating
omero.model Objects etc.
We're currently using this to populate the jsTree in web client.

You say you want to "append planes to existing images". I don't know if we mentioned
this before but it is not currently possible to add planes to an existing image
since the pixel data of an image is immutable once it's been created.
However, you could create a series of single-plane images then combine them into
a new multi-plane image in one shot.

 Cheers,

   Will.