[ome-devel] OMERO REST HTTP API ?

Christian Carsten Sachs c.sachs at fz-juelich.de
Wed Feb 4 10:36:33 GMT 2015

Hi Will,

I quickly hacked up something with Flask [Web framework], using the
BlitzGateway, but if there is general interest, I might investigate
using Django (I chose the Flask approach, as I'm more a friend of micro
frameworks, and envisioned it just as 'another gateway' to talk to
OMERO, not an expansion of the existing Web Gateway).
It's currently just a little prototype with very limited features, thus
I have not published the source anywhere. (I just implemented everything
I needed for a particular use case)

Thanks for the source link, I'll take a look at it.

I've discussed the 'append planes' problem some time ago [
http://lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk/pipermail/ome-devel/2014-November/003066.html
], and I'm well aware that it does not work with stock OMERO, this is
why I'm using a patched version. As written in my posting, I'll take a
look into producing a good solution, and submit it for consideration
(for the time being I'm fine with my hack, but I'm aware that it's not
the proper way).

Regards,
Christian