[ome-devel] [ome-users] OMERO 5 public user

Jianguo Rao JIANGUO.RAO at igmm.ed.ac.uk
Mon Oct 28 16:56:13 GMT 2013

Dear Ola,

Many thanks for your help and advice, Very much appreciated.
We certainly, need to do some of our own applications, so your advice is
important and valuable.

For me, I do know regular expression of Django and its framework, but
I never used the "public user" feature of OMERO. So, the online
documentation is what
I have to follow. I believe your future version of documentation ,on
how to use "public user", will help other developers as well.

Your time and efforts to help me understand this VERY VALUABLE feature
of OMERO is HIGHLY appreciated.

BR,

Jianguo

Quoting Aleksandra Tarkowska <A.Tarkowska at dundee.ac.uk> on Mon, 28 Oct
2013 15:58:55 +0000:

> Dear Jianguo
>
> I've just reviewer our documentation to make it more clear. Changes
> will be visible within a few days.
>
> Raised issues come down to the regular expression. This is something
> you need to be careful and really understand what you are doing. The
> best is to start from Python documentation
> http://docs.python.org/2/library/re.html
> If you just want public user has access to images using web gateway
> viewer only please set filter to: '/webgateway' just drop caret
>
> Kind regards
> Ola
>

> On 28 Oct 2013, at 14:25, Jianguo Rao
> <JIANGUO.RAO at igmm.ed.ac.uk<mailto:JIANGUO.RAO at igmm.ed.ac.uk>> wrote:
>
> Hi Will,
>
> Thanks for join the helper team!
>
> I can confirm that it makes a BIG difference.
> If I set
> omero config set omero.web.public.url_filter '^/(?!webadmin)'
> I can view
> http://your_host/omero/webgateway/img_detail/IMAGE_ID/
> without login.
>
> BUT if I set
> omero config set omero.web.public.url_filter '^/webgateway'
> view
> http://your_host/omero/webgateway/img_detail/IMAGE_ID/
> will redirect to login page!
>
> I can also confirm that the both configurations lead to the same
> system error messages already reported earlier, when visited
> /omero/webgateway/. I just done a retest to confirm these.
>

> BR,
>
> Jianguo
>

> Quoting Will Moore <will at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk> on Mon, 28 Oct 2013
> 13:57:39 +0000:
>
> Hi Jianguo,
>
> What happens now when you go to your_host/omero/webgateway/ ?
>
> I don't think the url regex configuration will change the original
> error you are getting?
> Only allowing 'webgateway'...
>
> $ bin/omero config set omero.web.public.url_filter '^/webgateway'
>
> shouldn't cause a problem when visiting
>
> http://your_host/omero/webgateway/img_detail/IMAGE_ID/
>
> Then you won't be allowing access to /webclient/ for public users.
>
> Cheers,
>
>   Will.
>

> On 28 Oct 2013, at 12:29, Jianguo Rao wrote:
>
> Dear Ola,
>
> As I said, your suggest configuration is works fine. But it seems I
> have a new issue-- the urls such as:
> http://your_host/omero/webclient/
> http://your_host/omero/
> etc.
> will, all automatically login as public user and it seems public
> user has blocked other user from login.
>
> After some experiments, I find a way for other user to login, using
> the following url:
> http://your_host/omero/webclient/loglin/
>
> Hope this is useful for other OMERO users.
>
> BR,
>
> Jianguo
>

> Quoting Aleksandra Tarkowska <A.Tarkowska at dundee.ac.uk> on Mon, 28
> Oct 2013 09:34:25 +0000:

> [...]

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.