[ome-devel] [ome-users] OMERO 5 public user

Jianguo Rao JIANGUO.RAO at igmm.ed.ac.uk
Mon Oct 28 12:29:22 GMT 2013

Dear Ola,

As I said, your suggest configuration is works fine. But it seems I
have a new issue-- the urls such as:
http://your_host/omero/webclient/
http://your_host/omero/
etc.
will, all automatically login as public user and it seems public user
has blocked other user from login.

After some experiments, I find a way for other user to login, using
the following url:
http://your_host/omero/webclient/loglin/

Hope this is useful for other OMERO users.

BR,

Jianguo

Quoting Aleksandra Tarkowska <A.Tarkowska at dundee.ac.uk> on Mon, 28 Oct
2013 09:34:25 +0000:

> Dear Jianguo
>
> Lets clarify how your config should look like by default:
>
> 1. Please stop omeroweb:
>
> $ bin/omero web stop
>
> 2. Check the configuration:
>
> omero.web.debug=True
> omero.web.public.enabled=True
> omero.web.public.password=PASSWORD
> omero.web.public.server_id=1
> omero.web.public.url_filter=^/(?!webadmin)
> omero.web.public.user=USERNAME
> omero.web.server_list=[["localhost", 4064, "omero"]]
>
> 3. Please make sure you set those values correctly, then start omeroweb
>
> $ bin/omero web start
>
> 4. Then go to:
>
> 1. open http://your_host/omero/webclient/img_detail/IMAGE_ID/  <- it
> should show image strait away
>
> Please remember IMAGE_ID must be valid image owned by PUBLIC USER
>
> If this doesn't work please send me all log files stored in OMERO_DIR/var/log
>
> Kind regards
> Ola

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.