[ome-devel] [ome-users] OMERO 5 public user

Jianguo Rao JIANGUO.RAO at igmm.ed.ac.uk
Mon Oct 28 10:15:27 GMT 2013

Dear Ola,

Wow, thank you so much, it works!

It seems as far as I set the filer to ^/(?!webadmin) it works perfectly.
I have tested it on OMERO 4 and OMERO 5, both works fine!

One thing, I don't understand, why set the filter to webgateway as
documented on the OMERO web, dosen't work ( OMERO 4 and OMERO5 both
not work, it automatically switch to login interface! and the public
user has to put in password to view it ).

Should the documentation on the web be revised? Or, I am still missing
  something important. Also, the set to webadmin makes the whole
webclient UI to be publicly visible( I have test this both for OMERO 4
and OMERO 5 as well ) which is NOT idea.

Thanks again for your GREAT support, VERY impressed and MUCH appreciated.

BR,

Jianguo

Quoting Aleksandra Tarkowska <A.Tarkowska at dundee.ac.uk> on Mon, 28 Oct
2013 09:34:25 +0000:

> Dear Jianguo
>
> Lets clarify how your config should look like by default:
>
> 1. Please stop omeroweb:
>
> $ bin/omero web stop
>
> 2. Check the configuration:
>
> omero.web.debug=True
> omero.web.public.enabled=True
> omero.web.public.password=PASSWORD
> omero.web.public.server_id=1
> omero.web.public.url_filter=^/(?!webadmin)
> omero.web.public.user=USERNAME
> omero.web.server_list=[["localhost", 4064, "omero"]]
>
> 3. Please make sure you set those values correctly, then start omeroweb
>
> $ bin/omero web start
>
> 4. Then go to:
>
> 1. open http://your_host/omero/webclient/img_detail/IMAGE_ID/  <- it
> should show image strait away
>
> Please remember IMAGE_ID must be valid image owned by PUBLIC USER
>
> If this doesn't work please send me all log files stored in OMERO_DIR/var/log
>
> Kind regards
> Ola

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.