[ome-devel] [ome-users] OMERO 5 public user

Aleksandra Tarkowska A.Tarkowska at dundee.ac.uk
Fri Oct 25 11:12:46 BST 2013

Dear Jianguo

I am sorry to hear you have troubles with setting up public user. In order to help you with that I need to know more what you are trying to do.

Public user is  a single user account that allows open access to all data under the group(s) public user is a member of.
Specifying filter such as omero.web.public.url_filter '^/webgateway'  limits access to the urls starting from specific prefix

http://www.test.com/omero/webgateway/ is not a valid url. Webgateway is not a separate application it must be associated with image ID. Thats why you got the following error.

Caught NoReverseMatch while rendering: Reverse for 'webgateway_get_rois_json' with arguments '('',)' and keyword arguments '{}' not found.

If you wish to test public user please login to the OMERO.web, find out ID of one of the image and then log out:
1. open http://your_host/omero/webgateway/img_detail/IMAGE_ID/  <- it should show image strait away
2. open http://your_host/omero/webclient/  <- it should ask you for login

If you still have any issues please do not hesitate to contact us

Kind regards
Ola

Aleksandra Tarkowska, M.Sc. Eng.
OME Software Developer

Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street