[ome-devel] OMERO 5 public user

Jianguo Rao JIANGUO.RAO at igmm.ed.ac.uk
Thu Oct 24 11:34:04 BST 2013

Dear All,

I have compiled the OMERO 5 from source ( dated at 2013-10-10 09:23:59,
OMERO.web 5.0.0-beta1-DEV-ice34 ).

It runs great. But I am in trouble to get the public user working.

I have followed the instructions listed bellow:

http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero5/sysadmins/unix/install-web.html
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/developers/Web/PublicData.html

After setting all the requirements listed in the above documentation, and
bin/omero config set omero.web.public.url_filter '^/webgateway'
to test if the automatically login public user work or not.

http://www.test.com/omero/webgateway/

I get the following message( feedback has been sent ):
..
The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete
your request. Please give us feedback to help to improve the OMERO
applications. Thanks for your patience.

Any help would be highly appreciated. I would also like to know
if there is anyone run OMERO  5 and use public user feature
sucessfully ( I believe some one must have used such feature for
OMERO 5, but just want to make sure.)

Many thanks for your attention.

Jianguo

--
Dr. Jianguo RAO                        : http://www.hgu.mrc.ac.uk
MRC Human Genetics Unit                : http://www.emouseatlas.org
Western General Hospital               : JIANGUO.RAO at igmm.ed.ac.uk
Crewe Road, Edinburgh EH4 2XU, UK.     : +44-131-3322471x2120

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.