[ome-devel] OMERO 5 server and client match problem

Jianguo Rao JIANGUO.RAO at igmm.ed.ac.uk
Fri Oct 11 11:29:37 BST 2013

Dear All,

The downloads OMERO 5 client(ice3.3) seems not working with the OMERO
5 server(ice3.4) compiled from current source repository.

The OMERO 5 client(ice3.3) downloaded from
http://downloads.openmicroscopy.org/omero/, it only provides OMERO 5
client(ice3.3) version and said should work for both version of
server(ice3.3 &ice3.4)

My test on linux is, the downloaded client(ice3.3), could not talk to
my compiled OMERO 5 server(ice3.4). But it works on my own complied
client(ice3.4).

Any one has the same problems? we need to get this resolved, therwise,
we have to provide OMERO 5 clients(ice3.4) for our users which we try
to avoid ( We would prefer our users to get the OMERO 5 clients
directly from OMERO website )

Thanks for your attention.

Jianguo

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.