[ome-devel] OMERO on android? + integration + LSIDs

Johan Henriksson mahogny at areta.org
Fri Nov 15 13:22:41 GMT 2013

> > Finally: How are the LSIDs for images coming along? Have they actually
> > adopted?
>
> How do you mean? In having them automatically resolve as was the original
> intent of the LSID spec? Not at all. We nor anyone we know of is running
> such a service. Neverthwless we still do use LSIDs as core identifiers.

I was rather thinking about how new images obtaining LSIDs, and is it then
done within OMERO or is it at the microscope? Here you have to excuse my
very naive knowledge about LSIDs. I see from
http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/ome-model/developers/id-and-lsid.htmlthat
assigning project LSIDs directly could be fairly easy but I don't
recall that I ever entered an ID when installing OMERO(?)

I was otherwise figuring, if the LSIDs are not widely assigned to images
right now, and if we want to push LSIDs, maybe one could autogenerate them
in OMERO as the hash of the original file + timestamp. Or something along
this style. Resolving the LSIDs somehow appears easier than getting them in
use (technical problem vs social/political problem)

/Johan

> > cheers,
> > Johan
>
> Regards,
> ~Josh.

Johan Henriksson, PhD
Karolinska Institutet
Ecobima AB - Custom solutions for life sciences
http://www.ecobima.com  http://mahogny.areta.org  http://www.endrov.net

<http://www.endrov.net>