[ome-devel] Contrast settings in OME

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Nov 13 18:01:07 GMT 2013

Hi Hadrien,

> I didn't find in OME specification a way to specify contrast and
> display settings in OME.

Unfortunately, the OME-XML schema itself currently has no place for display
min/max per channel.

> So when I open an OME Tiff in Fiji with LOCI I don't have to manually
> open Image > Adjust > Brightness/Contrast and click auto to be able to
> correctly view my images.

If you check the "Autoscale" box in the Bio-Formats Importer Options
dialog, it will autoscale right away for you without needing to bring up
the B&C dialog.

> If OME does not support that, what do you think about including it ?

Sure, we have a ticket for it:
http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/ome/ticket/11236

Regards,
Curtis