[ome-devel] Error building Bio-Formats develop

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Thu May 2 16:52:30 BST 2013

Hi Roger,

Thanks for the info.

> It just needs installing.  "apt-get install python-genshi" or "pip
> install genshi", for example.

OK, that fixed the build on my local system, thanks.

> Which change, the xsd-fu source generation?

Yep, that's what I was asking about.

> If so, the build is completely identical--the sources which get
> generated on the fly from the templates by xsd-fu are identical bar a
> few lines comments in the top  boilerplate.

OK, good to know.

One more question/concern: presumably, the Bio-Formats build no longer
functions on Windows, due to the Python + Genshi dependency. With the Ant
build, this might be non-trivial to solve. But solving the issue with Maven
is very straightforward: include the "ome-xml" module in the reactor only
within a profile. Then, when that profile is not enabled, Maven will
resolve the ome-xml dependency from the remote repository rather than
regenerating and rebuilding the code. This would eliminate the need to
install Genshi, and make it easier to build on Windows again. What do you
think?

Regards,
Curtis