[ome-devel] OME documentation updates

Helen Flynn h.flynn at dundee.ac.uk
Wed Mar 6 10:22:33 GMT 2013

Dear All,

It was brought to our attention at the developers meeting here in Dundee last week that not everyone is aware of the recent improvements in our documentation provision.

The user guides (http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/users/index.html) have been thoroughly overhauled and you can now find a range of screenshot-based tutorials to guide you through OMERO functionality in both OMERO.insight and OMERO.web, plus a guide to using OMERO as an ImageJ plugin.

Documentation for system administrators (http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/sysadmins/index.html) has also been updated, with improved guides to server installation on Windows and Mac OS X, and a new section on the command line interface.

Finally, documentation aimed at developers is at http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/developers/index.html. External developers may find the 'Contributing to OMERO' section (http://www.openmicroscopy.org/site/support/omero4/developers/contributing.html) of particular interest. We are doing our best to cover the range of work that goes on within the OME team in these sections but they are still a work in progress. If you have any requests for sections you would like added, please get in touch.

Kind regards,

The OME team

Dr Helen Flynn
OME Technical Writer