[ome-devel] Zeiss 710

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Sep 24 16:24:06 BST 2010

Hi Rubén,

> I the tried the same with a dataset from the older 710 that has .MDB file. Uploaded it to dev.loci.wisc.edu:/incoming/lowresH2Bmcherry2.mdb.zip.
>
> This works and finds 48 series, but 8 series with 6 time-points where acquired.

Interesting.  Looking at the images, I can definitely see that it should
be 8 series with 6 timepoints each.

> At the moment I wait for more details, but so far I was told that L is the serie and R is the timepoint.

Do you have any written documentation that says this?  I have been
re-reading the LSM specifications and have not found any mention of
this.  Again, if I look at the pixel data it is quite obvious that that
is correct, but if you have any documentation that confirms it that
would help.

> Is what I say coherent with the metadata?

Yes and no.  The metadata within the LSM files and the majority of the
metadata within the MDB file points to this being a 48-series dataset,
with each series having a single timepoint.  If I look deeper into the
MDB file, I see that there are 6 Timer entries (Timer1 - Timer6 in the "Timer"
table) for each file, which suggests that there are 6 timepoints (though this is not a reliable way to determine the number of timepoints).

However, that is the only thing that I can find besides
the filenames that indicates that there should be 6 timepoints.

Regards,
-Melissa