[ome-devel] FLIM

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Sat May 1 00:31:15 BST 2010

Hi Donald,

Are you talking about the raw SDT files? Take a look at the Bio-Formats SDT
reader—there are two pieces of metadata in the original metadata table,
"time base" and "time bins." The "time base" is the width of the histogram
in nanoseconds, and "time bins" lists the number of bins. So the unit of
sampling for each bin (adapted from the SDTReader.java code) will be:

int timeBins = info.timeBins; // number of histogram bins
int timeBase = 1e9 * info.tacR / info.tacG; // in nanoseconds
int psPerBin = 1000 * timeBase / timeBins; // in picoseconds

Or are you talking about the IMG file, or some other file format?

-Curtis