[ome-devel] Changes in Bio-Formats trunk

Melissa Linkert melissa at glencoesoftware.com
Fri Mar 12 14:25:59 GMT 2010

Hi all,

As some of you already know, we have been doing a lot of work over the
last few months to make Bio-Formats faster and more thread-safe.  Up
until now, this work has been taking place in a separate branch of the
Subversion repository; however, today we will start merging these
changes back into trunk.  You are welcome to continue working with the
latest trunk builds/SVN revisions, but please be aware that there will
likely be some instability over the next few days.

Also, if you are a developer, note that we have changed the APIs for
several low-level Bio-Formats classes (particularly in the loci.common
and loci.formats.tiff packages).  As a result, your code may not
compile with the very latest trunk revisions.

If you have any questions regarding the forthcoming changes, please
don't hesitate to ask.

Regards,
-Melissa