[ome-devel] Using the Gateway object to create a new Image, then viewing it with OMERO.insight?

Jerome Avondo jeromeavondo at msn.com
Mon Jul 13 12:21:46 BST 2009

Hi,

I am trying to create a new Image object on the omero server using the Java API.

I use the gateway function, createImage().

>From what I can tell this seems to work fine,

I create the image with the gateway function, and then fill up the planes with some byte[] data. All this seems to work ok.
I can also export the Image to an OME-TIFF using that code I posted a while
back, so this would point me to think that the Image is valid.

The problem I have is when I use OMERO.insight 4.0.3, to look at my Image, it does not see any channels for the Image object.
And when I try to view it says; "The image could not be opened. The image is not a valid image."

I dug into the API and see that the gateway does create the Channel and attached LogicalChannels objects, with the createImage().
So Im not too sure what else it needs to get insight to see it as a valid Image.

I can post code upon request if needed... Any help would be great.
Thanks,

J.