[ome-devel] OMERO Beta-4.1.1 Release

Jason Swedlow jason at lifesci.dundee.ac.uk
Fri Dec 4 00:04:12 GMT 2009

Dear All-

Today, The OME Consortium is proud to release OMERO-Beta4.1.1.

This release fixes a series of small bugs in our previous Beta4.1
release.  For details, see:

http://trac.openmicroscopy.org.uk/omero/milestone/OMERO-Beta4.1.1.

The software is available at http://openmicroscopy.org

The full list of features in OMERO, including  new features in the
OMERO Beta-4.1.x series, is at http://openmicroscopy.org/site/products/feature-list
Most features are accompanied by a short movie that shows that
functionality in action.

Our feedback system, OMERO.qa (http://qa.openmicroscopy.org.uk) is a
facility users and developers can use to log comments and exceptions.
OMERO.qa supports uploading of problematic data files, and tracking of
feature: in collaboration with Urban Liebel at  Karlsruhe Institute of
Technology, we are providing demo accounts for OMERO.  Use the Demo
link at qa to contact us if you are interested in this.

We have also updated our pre-release clients, especially for HCS and
OpenGL-based image visualization, to 4.1.1 versions.  For users who
have had problems with memory-based crashes in OMERO.insight, the new
OpenGL-based ImageViewer may be of interest.   Import times for  Flex,
MIAS, and InCell 1000 files have substantially improved in 4.1.1.
OMERO.dropbox has been substantially extended, and now supports all
the file formats supported by OMERO.

As noted previously, OMERO Beta-4.1.x is focused on what we called
DataIn/DataOut at Paris in May09.  We will show new functionality at
ASCB in San Diego.  Drop by booth 601 and say "Hi" to the OME
development team!

As always, thanks for your support.

Cheers,

Jason and the OME Consortium

**************************
Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression
College of Life Sciences
MSI/WTB/JBC Complex
University of Dundee
Dow Street