[ome-devel] FRM image format (INCell 3000)

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Wed Dec 9 01:34:42 GMT 2009

Hi Jason,

Not sure if anyone else got back to you yet—nearly the entire OME team has
been busy at the ASCB meeting in San Diego recently, so apologies for the
delay in reply.

We are definitely interested in adding support to Bio-Formats and OMERO for
InCell 3000 files. We have already done a lot of work to support InCell 1000
(http://www.loci.wisc.edu/bio-formats-format/incell-1000). No one has sent
us any sample InCell 3000 data yet though, so we have not really had a way
to get started on that yet. Let us know if you have any sample 3000 data you
would be willing to pass along, and we will send you our FTP server
information for uploading it (yes, we know it is quite large :-).

Even with sample data, although support for HCS in OMERO is progressing
well, it may be a while before we can support the InCell 3000 format—InCell
1000 has required a significant time investment and presumably the 3000
format is even more complicated. But it is definitely something we want to
support eventually.

Regards,
Curtis