[ome-devel] Metadata, restoring the metadata of the native image format from an OMEXML/OMETIFF file

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Mon Nov 17 23:23:36 GMT 2008

Hi Ghislain,

I wanted to know how I could recover the proprietary tags of an image
> that was saved into an OMEXML or OMETIFF format.
>
> I am able to save the proprietary tags in the OMEXML and OMETiff format
> (using the ImageReader.setOriginalMetadataPopulated(true)), but I cannot
> recover them when trying to convert the OMEXML/OMETIFF back to the
> native image format. Could you tell me if this is possible and if so how
> can I restore these proprietary tags?

Bio-Formats cannot write to proprietary file formats, and we have no plans
for it to do so. If you need to write to such a format, you will need to
create a writer yourself, and restore the format's header using the
information from the parsed original metadata table. So I am not sure what
you are doing when you are "trying to convert the OMEXML/OMETIFF back to the
native image format."

-Curtis