[ome-devel] Metadata, restoring the metadata of the native image format from an OMEXML/OMETIFF file

Ghislain Bonamy GBonamy at gnf.org
Mon Nov 17 23:14:48 GMT 2008

Dear all,

I wanted to know how I could recover the proprietary tags of an image
that was saved into an OMEXML or OMETIFF format.

I am able to save the proprietary tags in the OMEXML and OMETiff format
(using the ImageReader.setOriginalMetadataPopulated(true)), but I cannot
recover them when trying to convert the OMEXML/OMETIFF back to the
native image format. Could you tell me if this is possible and if so how
can I restore these proprietary tags?

Best,

Ghislain Bonamy, PhD
Research Investigator I

Genomic Institute of the
Novartis Research
Foundation
Department of Molecular & Cell Biology, room G214
10675 John Jay Hopkins Drive
San Diego CA 92121
USA

+1 (858) 812-1534 (W & F)