[ome-devel] adding Pixels to an existing Image...

josh.moore at gmx.de josh.moore at gmx.de
Wed Aug 13 16:16:19 BST 2008

Jerome Avondo writes:
 > Firstly let me congratulate you on the OMERO Java API, I had a
 > little bit of experience using the older OME Java API, and I have
 > found that using this new API is a lot easier and lot less code to
 > write. Socongrats on the great work!

Thanks (again). We're very interested, though, in making the necessary
code as little as possible, so if you have any suggestions, let us
know.

** SNIP **

 > Also on a side note, could someone tell me what the function
 > setSha1( ) of the Pixels object actually is?

This sets the sha1 checksum of the full 5D array of pixel data in the
database. This is typically done during import, and is used to
guarantee that there is no data corruption.

~J.