[ome-devel] OMERO.insight to external application communication...

Jerome Avondo jeromeavondo at msn.com
Wed Aug 13 15:28:43 BST 2008

Hi again,

Another question,
I have developed for our lab a real time volume visualization program, see this url:

http://fizz.cmp.uea.ac.uk/wiki/DArT_Toolshed/index.php/%22Visualising_Plant_Development_and_Gene_Expression_in_3D_using_Optical_Projection_Tomography%22

(sry shameless self plug :) )

Anyways, I would really like to use my visualisation application, client side, with OMERO.insight as a data browser to select an Image to then send to my viewer for visualization... If I remember right at the OMERO user meeting Jean-Marie you made reference to some code you wanted to send to me to show me some ways this could be done. Or if you have any other suggestions on how this could be done I would be grateful.

Im really looking for some good pointers on where to get started, and what mechanisms are currently in place to do this...

Just FYI, the application is written in C++/OpenGL/Qt4 and I currently have some crude TCP Socket system implemented, which I was using to send data from my own OME data browser to my viewer, but you might have some better ideas on how to do this with the OMERO.insight app.

Anyways looking forward to exploring this, and hopefully I can give something back to the OMERO community :)....

thanks,

j.