[ome-devel] Questions about initial development.

Curtis Rueden ctrueden at wisc.edu
Tue Oct 10 20:38:33 BST 2006

Hi Jason,

Thanks for your comments.

> In principle, placing such statements on the OME web site is fine.  I
> would prefer to wait a few more weeks til we have a finished M3 and
> can point interested parties towards that, and also have an
> articulated strategy for aligning the servers.  However, if there is
> reason to do this sooner, that is fine.

I would completely agree with you, except for the fact that somehow
word of OMERO is already out (i.e., Glenn asked about it -- how many
others might have the same questions?). That is why I suggested adding
it to the site now, rather than waiting. If you are still against it,
that's fine. I just think an explanation (not an announcement) will do
more good than harm at this point, because we really want to dispel
some of the misunderstandings surrounding OMERO.

Just let me know if you want me to put together a page!

-Curtis