[ome-devel] analysis model import

Harry Hochheiser hsh at nih.gov
Thu Mar 23 14:25:10 GMT 2006

Bernd:

A quick look at the code reveals that the getRemoteObject procedure
in the LSIDManager is not quite implemented:

sub getRemoteObject ($) {
	carp ("OME::Tasks::LSIDManager::getRemoteObject() is not
implemented.");

Thus,  it does nothing other than generate an warning now.

if we look at the calling code in ModuleImport.pm, it looks like the
call to getRemoteObject() is designed to check to see if the module
already exists in the DB. If it does, it is not processed any further.

Josiah knows this code much better than I do, but I don't think this
is going to cause you any problems as is.  Ideally, getRemoteObject
would be fleshed out to make this check meaningful, but I don't even
know where to start with that.

Josiah, what do you think?

harry