[ome-devel] Calling matlab code from OME frontend

Josiah Johnston siah at nih.gov
Tue Mar 21 19:18:50 GMT 2006

The way we tie matlab code to OME is through the analysis engine. This
abstracts the handling of the matlab code.
Instructions are available online:
http://openmicroscopy.org/api/xml/AML/matlab.html
Examples of modules & chains are available in the source tree under
OME/src/xml/OME/Tests/

A slightly lower level interface is given by the perl package
OME::Matlab, which is in OME/src/perl2/OME/Matlab/Matlab.pm

It sounds like you are attempting a different method of running the
matlab script from OME. I've never seen the error you refer to. When we
initiate non-interactive execution of matlab analysis chains via the
web frontend, we have to deal with issues of running matlab under the
apache user. This requires switching the license manager, and adding
the library path to /etc/ld.so.conf (on Fedora systems anyways).

Hope this helps.

-Josiah