[ome-devel] Calling matlab code from OME frontend

Sumanth Jagannath sumanth at cs.ucsb.edu
Sat Mar 18 17:47:01 GMT 2006

Hi,

I have a matlab function that is to be called from the OME frontend. The
script works fine when I call it from the command line. But fails with the
an error when I run it from the frontend ( cgi script ).

I checked in the groups page for matlab and the suggestion is to use
"-desktop" option when we want to run matlab without a controlling
terminal. I have tried this, but it didn't work.

I am sure that there is some code in OME, that abstracts this handling of
matlab code. Would be grateful if you can give me pointers to the code, or
suggestions on how to call matlab without a controlling terminal.

( I know this problem is not OME specific, but am hoping that you would
have experienced this problem before ).

(Details of the matlab error:
Internal error 2: Could not determine the path of the
                   MATLAB root directory.

                   original command path = /home/matlab/bin/matlab
                   current  command path = /home/matlab/bin/matlab

)
Versions of matlab Version 7.0.4.352 (R14)

thanks in advance,
--Sumanth