[ome-devel] import analysis chain

Ilya Goldberg igg at nih.gov
Mon Mar 20 20:53:45 GMT 2006

The import chain configuration variable isn't really meant to be read-
only.  Maybe "write rarely"?  If your installation consistently needs
a different import chain, this is what the set up is supposed to take
care of by changing the import chain setting in the configuration.
If you want different import chains depending on image type, or user,
or other state in the system, then its probably not the right
mechanism because it affects the system globally.  We don't have a
mechanism to change import chains based on system state, but that
would not be so hard to arrange.

-Ilya