[ome-devel] Bug in SessionManager?

Swaroop A. Jagadish swaroop at cs.ucsb.edu
Sat Mar 18 06:37:42 GMT 2006

Hi,
We are trying to implement a permissions framework using the OME ACL
model. It looks like the ACL stuff in the current version of
SessionManager is broken. To start with, the logged in session doesn't
have any valid ACL i.e $session->ACL() returns a map with zero entries.
updateACL() is supposed to fix this. However, it doesn't do that. I added
a line like the following

$ACLsDiffer = 1 if(not defined $oldACL or (scalar(keys %$oldACL) == 0));

This seems to make it work properly. Please let me know if my
understanding is right or if I'm missing something.

Thanks,
Swaroop