[ome-devel] Matlab Integration with OME

Tom Macura tm289 at cam.ac.uk
Sun Jun 4 15:38:50 BST 2006

Hi Guanghui,
> Xlib: No protocol specified

> [SUCCESS]
>
> I dont really know what it means but I'm hoping the "[SUCCESS]"
> should indicate everything is still installed properly.
I think so.
> So if the installation was successful, I guess the next thing is to
> test Matlab proper. From OME's website, there's this
> HistogramEqualizationChain.xml as well as the module that can be
> used for testing, however, i think i'm stuck again.
>
> Questions start to appear over my head, should i first import
> analysis chain or module or both?
> Also, from the instructions, am i right to say that in the Matlab
> R12 and above there's a function/command called "histeq"? And in
> order to use this function i need to first import into OME and then
> execute this function on the datasets in OME?
Based on your questions I've written a walk-through:

http://www.openmicroscopy.org.uk/howto/quantitative-image-analysis-
MATLAB.html

please let me know how I can improve it (i.e. after reading it do you
still have any questions left over ?)
> Based on my assumption that the flow is what described above, would
> there be any difference when it comes to user-defined functions? Is
> it for every function to be used, a analysis chain and module is to
> be created? If so, is there a standard way to create them?
For every function created in MATLAB you need to create a new
analysis module. You can combine multiple analysis modules into a
single analysis chain if the output of one analysis module needs to
be fed into another. You have to create the XML for analysis modules
in a regular text editor such as Emacs.

Tom