[ome-devel] Omeis server sertting

Bernd Jagla baj2107 at columbia.edu
Sat Dec 16 18:37:23 GMT 2006

Hi all,

I think I found a bug in the updating procedures for the OMEIS address:
In the unlikely case that the OMEIS server is out of reach it is not
possible to change it to e.g. localhost either with the ome admin configure
tool or with the perl install.pl procedures. The entry in the postgres DB
doesn't change.

In my specific case I changed the OMEIS address to test one of my
"non-conventional" set-ups. The change went through but afterwards I
couldn't change it back. The update procedures always tried to contact the
old address. The only way to get to a working OME version was to remove the
ome DB.

Please let me know if you need any more specific explainations on what I
did.

Best,

Bernd

Bernd Jagla, PhD