[ome-devel] Re: [ome-nitpick] OME Knoppix

Tom Macura macurato at grc.nia.nih.gov
Mon Mar 28 22:58:26 BST 2005

Hey Guys,

Over the weekend I tried the OME Knoppix CD on my Family's (I don't do
Windows :) ) Windows boxes.
It failed for both of them.

On the first computer there were problems with X as previously
documented (sync out-of-range).
On the laptop it got till `Network Device eth0 detected, DHCP
broadcasting for IP" and a very long wait ensued (30min at least). The
laptop wasn't connected by ethernet to the Internet. I gave up after 30
minutes. Can we disable this option? OME Knoppix doesn't need the
Internet, does it?

Sorry to report the bad news. I volunteer to carry out further testing
with new versions of the disk.

Tom