[ome-devel] OME installation difficulties

Arpun Nagaraja arpun at MIT.EDU
Fri Aug 12 23:13:35 BST 2005

I'm not sure about the errors that you're getting about postgres.
However, the errors concerning OLE::Storage_Lite and
Spreadsheet::ParseExcel are my fault.  Last night, we uploaded
Spreadsheet::ParseExcel to the repository, but I didn't realized
until this morning that it needed a prerequisite: OLE::Storage_Lite.
So, I uploaded THAT to the repository and will be available whenever
the website gets updated.  However, if you require a more immediate
fix, the files are hosted here: http://users.openmicroscopy.org.uk/
~anagaraja/OME-WEBSITE/packages/perl -- change the $REPOSITORY
variable in OME/src/perl2/OME/Install/PerlModuleTask.pm to that url
and the download should succeed.

Sorry about that!  I hope this helps.

-Arpun