[ome-devel] Comparison of Hibernate and Ruby Rails

Josiah Johnston siah at nih.gov
Fri Apr 1 23:14:03 BST 2005

When looking something up for Curtis, I ran into an article comparing
Hibernate and Ruby Rails.
	http://www.theserverside.com/articles/article.tss?l=RailsHibernate
Ruby Rails offers similar services to Hibernate, but has a different
architecture and is written in a different language. Our mapping layer,
DBObject, has many parallels with Ruby Rails.

I'm not proposing that we consider to Ruby Rails as a data store. I'm
tossing this article out because it provides a baseline from which to
evaluate Hibernate performance and capabilities. This article also
helped me gain a better understanding of Hibernate and issues relating
to ORM without a whole lot of reading.

The author, surprisingly, hails from Bethesda.

-josiah