[ome-devel] Customizing import process

Richard Beare Richard.Beare at csiro.au
Mon Nov 22 05:45:44 GMT 2004

Hi Everyone,

I'm wondering what you might recommend in the following scenario. We are
capturing images using image pro. These are being saved as tifs and can
be imported without any problems by the default tif importer. I'm
wondering how best to get the meta data imported as well. The options I
can imagine are

1) mimicing a proprietary format.

2) Writing a meta file associated with each tif and having a custom
import mechanism (or is there something already supporting this approach)

3) Perhaps an xml file can reference the tif while containing the rest
of the meta data.

The problem is that the meta data isn't yet associated with the tif
file. We have a fair bit of freedom about how we might do this (although
tif tags  seem a bit trick from image pro).

What is your experience with this sort of thing?

Thanks

--
Richard Beare, CSIRO Mathematical & Information Sciences
Locked Bag 17, North Ryde, NSW 1670, Australia

Richard.Beare at csiro.au