[ome-devel] Shoola implementation question

Zachary Pincus zpincus at stanford.edu
Wed Nov 17 18:28:15 GMT 2004

Hello guys,

Sorry to intrude on the discussion, but I have been actively working on
tools for just this. Despite dropping off the map for a couple of
months, I have basically completed a long-promised C++ client library
for communicating with OME over the network. (Still needs debugging and
documentation.)

I mention this because the next step for this library is to write and
distribute SWIG wrappers for it so people can easily communicate with
OME from scripting languages. My personal needs are  to talk to OME
from python, so that will be my first priority with the wrappers.

Anyhow, this might be another option for communicating with OME over
XML-RPC rather than learning the specific shoola/OME::Remote protocol.
I'm certainly most happy to share what I have now.

Just a thought,

Zach Pincus

Department of Biochemistry and Program in Biomedical Informatics
Stanford University School of Medicine

ps. If there is to be a discussion about the specifics of the remote
framework, this information would help me make sure I got some of the
corner cases correct in the library.