[ome-devel] Client Architecture: A Proposal

KEVIN W ELICEIRI eliceiri at facstaff.wisc.edu
Tue Aug 24 00:12:24 BST 2004

Hi Jason et al,

I agree with Jason's comments. OME is trying to serve a very diverse audience (imaging is a massive field) and the various needs have necessitated the development of different clients. While I don't think one client would meet the needs of everyone, definitely there are things that can be done to improve compatibility between the various clients. We are also eager to adapt VisBio (where it makes sense) for additional functionality within OME to meet the needs of other groups. An example of this is Curtis's plan to add a command line VisBio interactive importer.

I'm quite excited by all the different clients that are becoming available, and I see OME itself as being the main tool to integrate all of these. If anything I see there being additional clients being added, an example of this is our plan to add support for ImageJ (very popular Open-Source image analysis tool).

best regards,
kevin

Kevin W. Eliceiri
Laboratory for Optical and Computational Instrumentation
http://www.loci.wisc.edu
Room 271 Animal Sciences
1675 Observatory Drive
Madison, WI 53706