[ome-devel] OME install issues on OSX

Chris Allan callan at blackcat.ca
Mon Aug 23 07:00:24 BST 2004

Forwarded to the list by request. I suspect Nico would like to be CC'd
on responses.

Thanks.

-Chris

----- Forwarded message from Nico Stuurman <nicos at itsa.ucsf.edu> -----
From: Nico Stuurman <nicos at itsa.ucsf.edu>
Date: August 21, 2004 10:09:47 AM PDT
To: <ome-devel at lists.openmicroscopy.org.uk>
Subject: OME install issues on OSX

Trying to install OME from cvs (checked out yesterday) on a current OSX
(10.3.5) box and following the instructions as much as possible,
installation of the perl module XML-LibXML-1.58 failed.  The module
compiled succesfully, but all tests failed and installation failed with
the following error in PerlModuleTask.log:

 dyld: /usr/bin/perl Undefined symbols:

/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/XML/LibXML/LibXML.bundle
un
defined reference to _xmlCharInRange expected to be defined in a
dynamic image

/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/XML/LibXML/LibXML.bundle
un
defined reference to _xmlIsBaseCharGroup expected to be defined in a
dynamic ima
ge

/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/XML/LibXML/LibXML.bundle
un
defined reference to _xmlIsCombiningGroup expected to be defined in a
dynamic im
age

/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/XML/LibXML/LibXML.bundle
un
defined reference to _xmlIsDigitGroup expected to be defined in a
dynamic image

/Library/Perl/5.8.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level/auto/XML/LibXML/LibXML.bundle
un
defined reference to _xmlIsExtenderGroup expected to be defined in a
dynamic ima
ge
 make: *** [install_sax_driver] Trace/BPT trap
"

I assume there is an issue between perl 5.8.1 installed on my box and
XML-LibXML-1.58.  Any ideas how I get this to work?

Also, the install.pl script never seems to create the environment file,
therefore things like
install.pl .  How do I generate this so that all that I don't have to
retype all my settings everytime again and things like
perl install.pl -c
start to work?

Thanks,

Nico