[FLIMfit-users] Bi-exponential fit

Munro, Ian i.munro at imperial.ac.uk
Tue Feb 20 18:14:09 GMT 2018

From: Alexandrov, Yuriy
Sent: 20 February 2018 17:42

Dear Paul,

We think you are right – this is brightness-( or “amplitude”-) weighted tau.

More specifically, it is calculated as
w_mean_tau  = sum(I0.*tau)/sum(I0)
where I0 is the pre-exponential factor, tau is the lifetime (both images certainly), the (.*) operator is pixel-wise multiplication, and summation is over all fitted pixels.

Sean may correct or comment on that (he actually implemented this calculation), - but IMO this interpretation is realistic.

Best,
Y.