[ome-users] Retrieving Stage Position in DV Files (more details)

Alexander Al Saroori saroori.alexander at googlemail.com
Mon Jun 20 21:07:44 BST 2016

Hello again,

Sorry for emailing you again but I've just got the hint, that I should
be more specific, since there are different DV files. That's why I tried
all different DV data stacks I got so far from a OMX-V3 microsocope.

Retrieving the stage position from the meta data in Matlab works very
good for (processed) data stacks using the provided software from
Deltavision (Softworx). So I can get the information from reconstructed
3D SIM-stacks,  image stacks acquired in STORM mode(which are
technically just single widefield images in a time series) and 3D
deconvoluted stacks.

Unfortunately it does not work for  unprocessed SIM stacks, conventional
3D-stacks and which is why I am writing for data stacks with several
time points and just one z-position. (experimental setup: 5000 images
(every 10ms one image)). I know that the information of the stage
position is stored in the data stacks since I can get the information
using Softworx.

Working minimal code for 3D-Stack (several z-slices)

r= bfGetReader(fpath);
m = r.getMetadataStore();
m.getPlanePositionZ(0, 0)

ans = ome.units.quantity.Length: value[3612.2], unit[reference frame]
stored as java.lang.Float

For the data stack with several time points, I just got

ans = []

Do I miss something, or is there any other commando I could use to get
this information from my data stack?

Thank you very much!

Cheers,

Alex