[ome-users] Wrong metadata for Leica lif files in ImageJ

Lingfeng Tang lingfengtang1982 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 02:09:30 GMT 2015

Hi all,

I have been doing timelapse imaging using Leica SP8 confocal for a while.
After I got the lif file, I converted it to tiff files. Since the file is
huge, we don't want to keep the original lif file. However, if I save the
metadata file created by FiJi or FiJi2, it missed some important
information, for example, the laser I used were 488 and 561 nm, but it only
shows 633nm which I didn't use. Did anybody else experienced the same
problem? Is there any way that can solve this problem?

Below is the information of my OS (windows 7), version of FIJI and java:

  os.arch => amd64

  os.name => Windows 7

  os.version => 6.1

  java.version => 1.6.0_24

  java.vendor => Sun Microsystems Inc.

  java.runtime.name => Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment

  java.runtime.version => 1.6.0_24-b07

  java.vm.name => Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM

  java.vm.version => 19.1-b02

  java.vm.vendor => Sun Microsystems Inc.

  java.vm.info => mixed mode

  java.awt.graphicsenv => sun.awt.Win32GraphicsEnvironment

  java.specification.name => Java Platform API Specification

  java.specification.version => 1.6

  sun.cpu.endian => little

  sun.desktop => windows

  file.separator => \

The up-to-date check says: UP_TO_DATE

I also attached the example lif file with wrong metadata, and the right
metadata from Leica software.

Any ideas, suggestions will be appreciated!

Sincerely,

Lingfeng Tang